February 2017 Prayer Points
Isaiah 62 Prayer Campaign
Dear Prayer Partners,
We cannot always avoid the presence of our enemy, but we do not have to eat the food he offers from his table! Instead we have the perfect freedom to choose to eat from the table which our King is preparing before us. Let us stay focused and set our eyes continually on HIS nourishing, faith-building and powerful food right before us, and let us patiently wait for the Lord in prayer. In Psalm 23, David declares: “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.” Read more ›
The next day of prayer and fasting in our Isaiah 62 Global Prayer Campaign will be on Wednesday, 1 February 2017.
Please join us!
Pray with us according to the following guidelines:
- Please pray for both the physical and spiritual restoration of Jerusalem, and bless the Body of Messiah in Israel. (Ezekiel 36:24-36; Jeremiah 31; Hosea 6:1-2; Galatians 6:10)
- Please pray that the ‘reset’ in relations between Israel and the United States under the new Administration in Washington will bear much good and lasting fruit for Israel, both in strategic, economic and diplomatic terms. Pray especially that the US will lead a large group of nations in returning their embassies to Jerusalem this year. (Isaiah 62:1-7; Micah 4:1-2)
- Pray for the government of Israel, and particularly Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as he deals with personal investigations while running the affairs of state. (Psalm 119:137)
- Pray with us for Israel’s relations with many African nations who have express a desire to re- connect and expand ties with Israel. Pray for the Lord to move on the hearts of African leaders to open new doors for Israel and especially to strengthen Christian support for Israel in those nations. (Psalm 22:28)
- Pray for Israel’s security in the Golan Heights, an area that borders with war-torn Syria, that the threat posed by ISIS and other Islamist militias would continue to be held at bay. (Psalm 94:22)
2. Middle East
- Pray that the Arab and Islamic nations would realize their need to cooperate more closely with Israel for their own good, and to accept Israel in the region. (Isaiah 19:23-25)
- Pray for the revival that is being reported throughout the Middle East, that multitudes living in darkness and despair would come to find hope and peace in Jesus Christ. (Isaiah 49:6-9)
3. ICEJ Ministry
- In January, the ICEJ hosted its annual ENVISION Conference for Pastors and Christian leaders in Jerusalem. This was a powerful time of going deeper into the heart of God for the Jewish people. Pray for all who attended the event as they carry back home the fire of the Holy Spirit and the timely messages delivered in Jerusalem.
- Pray that they might effectively spread their enlarged understanding of God’s covenantal relationship with Israel in their congregations and spheres of influence. (1 Thessalonians 2:13)
- Please pray for the leadership, staff and worldwide family of the International Christian Embassy as we enter the new year of 2017.
Isaiah 62 Prayer Letter - February 2017
We cannot always avoid the presence of our enemy, but we do not have to eat the food he offers from his table! Instead we have the perfect freedom to choose to eat from the table which our King is preparing before us. Let us stay focused and set our eyes continually on HIS nourishing, faith-building and powerful food right before us, and let us patiently wait for the Lord in prayer. In Psalm 23, David declares: “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.”
The Overcoming Light of Jesus
Sometimes in life it looks as if the enemy is casting a long shadow of his presence over everything; as if a personified evil is right next to us threatening us, whispering words into our ears, watching us, standing by and ready to attack. It is exactly at those moments when the Spirit of the Lord arises in us and declares: “Do not be afraid. Just focus on the Lord and watch how HE is preparing a table for you right before your very eyes. Let your enemy watch, too, how all this good will happen right under his nose and he can do nothing about it. You are just about to be seated to eat and enjoy a good meal prepared for you by the King Himself.” We do not have to believe the lies of the devil, nor act upon his deceitful suggestions. He is a total liar and the food he offers from his table never helps you in life nor does it ever give the right picture of the future. It is a deception, an illusion and never true. His many threats will also be rendered powerless and they will all vanish like the fog in the morning when the sun arises. The Bible says: “For the Lord God is a sun and shield.” (Psalm 84:11) Jesus truly is the light shining into our lives and darkness will never overcome Him!
God’s Salvation Within and Without
The Lord Jesus in His immense goodness not only saves us from the enemy without, but also from within: He saves us from ourselves! So let nothing disturb or distract you from prayer and trusting Him fully. He will take care of us and His created world, and He shall never abandon us nor His creation. Keep on praying! All of us are marred by sin and as a result damaged and broken somehow, imperfect in ourselves, ‘limping inside’ and walking through life with difficulty. Yet the Lord Jesus has given each one of us a personal place at His royal table. Even in the presence of your inner weaknesses and enemies, you are safe in Him because in His blood He has cut a covenant with us. In 2 Samuel 9 there is a beautiful story illustrating this.
A Place at the King’s Table
David the King of Israel wanted to show the “kindness of God” to anyone left of the house of Saul, since he had cut a covenant with Jonathan, the son of Saul. After actively searching to find if there was still anyone alive, he finally found Mephibosheth, son of Jonathan, who was lame in both his feet. To him King David said these words that should be engraved in our own hearts forever: “Do not fear, for I will surely show you kindness for Jonathan your father’s sake, and will restore to you all the land of Saul your grandfather; and you shall eat bread at my table continually.” (2 Samuel 9:7) And so it was! Mephibosheth dwelt in Jerusalem and ate continually at the King’s table (9:13). We, too, shall not be afraid. God will restore our lives and look after us at His table the rest of our lives! Jesus has died for us, and is alive at the right hand of our Father! All is well!
God has Everything Under Control
Through prayer and God’s word we can experience this unique and powerful salvation of the Lord over all our enemies in life – and in death! Only we are to trust Him. Even though we might limp, let us lean on Him like Jacob limped and leaned on Him after the Lord had struck his hip. In the presence of our many enemies let us keep on praying and feeding on His faithfulness. His banqueting table is full of His covenant promises! Let us stay focused on Him only, and rejoice! The Lord is our strength in life and shall hear our prayers of faith! Let us not be anxious about anything within or without our lives. Jesus has everything under control!
May God anoint you as we pray in faith together!
Rev. Juha Ketola